Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do Your Duty

"My meat is to do the will of him that sent me,
and to finish his work."
John 4:34



I am glad to think
I am not bound to make the world go right;
But only to discover and to do,
With cheerful heart, the work that God appoints.
I will trust in Him,
That He can hold His own; and I will take
His will, above the work He sendeth me,
To be my chiefest good.

Jean Ingelow




I've been reading a daily devotional by Mary W. Tileston called Daily Strengths for Daily Needs. It's been so very helpful - I highly recommend it! Each day holds a page of wisdom from God's word and other writers that always meets a need, or provides encouragement in some way.

5 comments:

Michele said...

WHHAAATTT?? Louise blogging? Nuts.

Welcome to the blog world my dear. I like the Title-Citizen of heaven.

Looking forward to some future blogging perhaps.

Charlene said...

Yayyyyyyy! very exciting news, louis! I love the picture behind your text and the theme of your blog. An excellent reminder to my earthly-minded focus.

I as well welcome you gladly to the blogging world! looking forward to the excellent pics you will also be posting! :)

Steve & Amy said...

Hello and welcome, dear sister by both the first and the second birth!

I am so glad I will be able to keep up with where you're at and what you're up to!!!

Have a splendid day.

Ruth said...

Welcome to the blog-world Loopy! Looking forward to reading/ viewing your posts! (and be warned, blogging is most attractive when there are other things to be done... But from the looks of things, you already know that ;)

Louise said...

thanks for your comments guys :)

Ruth you hit the nail in the head - I ought to be doing my essay right now!

I'll definitely have to be careful about that...