Sunday, July 5, 2009

Church Pinic 2009!

I don't have very many pictures of this event, but it sure was fun! Thanks to all the organizers!  you all must have put a lot of work into it to make it a fun day! others have posted pictures, but I didn't have my camera along, too bad...

What a beautiful day it turned out to be, with the sun shining and blue skies!  We played several fun team games with everyone of all ages helping each other... I think our team got last place :) "and the last shall be first" but we didn't get a prize :) 

This year they had their first (annual?) Dessert Queen Contest.... and guess who was the unlikely winner? me! bewildering thought, eh? :) maybe I've inherited some of Mom's talent after all!   Mom was runner up, along with Laura A.

It's such a blessing to be part of the family of God, to be part of the church community, sharing time and fellowship and food and games together, being with one another not just on these fun filled days, but most especially throughout the year.  We need more of that beautiful caring relationship among the Church today. I'm thankful for the gift of my church family, and pray that we may be an example to the other churches, and a light to the world, shining God's precious love, drawing them in.  


No comments: