Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 16

It's been seven years now since Dad passed away.... time passes so quickly. We still miss him a lot, but God's grace is sufficient for our every need. I look forward to the day that we'll meet each other again in heaven!

[The Lord] knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.
As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.

But the mercy of the LORD
is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments
to do them.

Psalm 103:14-18




"Daffodils"
-- William Wordsworth (1770-1850)

I wandered lonely as a cloud,
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced;
But they out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks so much, Louise, for posting that. The verses & picture are beautiful. And ever since memorizing that poem in A Beka highschool, I've liked it & have even recited it to the kids. :)

Sharon said...

We read this verse this weekend & talked about it with the kids, not even realizing it has been 7 years already:
"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness." Psalm 17:15
We have "...a LIVING HOPE through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3