Saturday, January 3, 2009

What's been going on for the last 3 months??

Allow me to introduce you to someone: Robert H.
I'm sorry to say, that Robert does not believe in pictures... so you'll have to wait for a photo!

The last couple of months since Charlene's wedding have been a whirlwind of activity... I had thought that things would slow down after the wedding, but just the opposite has happened! not at all a bad thing, really :)




First, a phone call...
which turned into a blind date the day after Tim & Charlene's wedding in October! yes... can you believe it? I allowed myself to be set up on a blind date - no idea whatsoever WHAT he looks like, WHO he is, WHAT his history is, VERY little of anything about the guy... but I had heard some good reports about him so I was willing to see what this guy was about.



Chinese Lantern Festival

Rob and I had a wonderful time at Ontario Place, talking
a lot as we walked through the park, observing all sorts of light displays of so many things: dinosaurs, animals from all different countries, the Eiffel Tower, the Taj Mahal, and more....




A broken camera...
I was trying to photograph every moment, as I so love to do... but then I carelessly let the string on my camera slip off my hand, and my camera went flying to the cement ground and broke - and I couldn't take any more pictures! :( Rob sweetly offered to buy me another camera, which I vehemently refused! However, I later found out that he actually hadn’t offered to BUY a camera, only to help me find a place where I could buy one myself! hmph. :)

A few weeks later, Rob sent me some pictures from the Lantern Festival. I wondered how he got them, and discovered later that he had advertised on kijiji, asking anyone if they had any pics, to send him some! :) awww...

Stranded at Ontario Place...
Making our way back to his truck at the end of the night, we were somewhat alarmed to find that it wasn't there anymore! what a shock!

We'd had a bit of trouble getting into the parking lot, because neither of us had had enough cash, which was the only form of payment. Eventually, we gave the little that we had, and the non-English speaking attendant shooed us in (we think he might have taken the money for himself - but I guess we'll never know) anyhow we never got a receipt to display! so perhaps the car was towed, we thought!

We found security officer and a cop, who walked with us to where we thought we'd parked - they were sure that we had parked in the next lot over, but it just didn't seem possible! there was no way we'd walked that far... and besides, we had parked beside a dead seagull, and there it was, a dead seagull and the open parking spot beside it where the truck should have been! the security and cop managed to convince us to walk to the next lot, upon which we found, to our embarrassment, that they were right! :) haha

They said that Rob joked that we must have been lost in each other’s eyes when we had been walking before - b/c we didn't remember seeing any of the things that we passed! I was slightly taken aback - we had only just met, and he's joking about being "lost in each other’s eyes"?! but I guess it was true ;)


A wonderful night, none the less...
Despite the problems, we had a wonderful time! :)



1 comment:

jen said...

fun! sounds wonderful louise! :D