Saturday, January 3, 2009

Royal Winter Fair

First we went to the goat pens and petted them until our hands turned black! they were so sweet, I just loved them....










The cows were a little bigger and less loveable/touchable... I was a little scared of them, and their slobbery mouths and huge muscles - wouldn't want to turn off one of those massive bulls!!!


but I still got a picture with one none-the-less! :)Superdogs Show was pretty exciting :) the MC was a little over the top, and the performance was definitely geared towards a younger crowd - but nevertheless we thoroughly enjoyed the show (or at least, I did! :))

The picture on the right shows the height that one of the greyhounds jumped - apparently it was the world's record for the highest indoor jumping!







The RCMP show was probably pretty cool too; we only saw them as they got ready to go out to the rink to do their show - you could watch it on TV, but at the Fair you had to pay another $20 to get in - so being the Dutchies we are, we opted against it :) there was enough to see already without the horse show.



Rob is REALLY hard to get a picture of!!! so unfortunately I didn't get even one picture of him... :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I think people will think that the goat farmer is Rob. :)

Louise said...

oops haha, didn't think of that! :) Robert is so much more handsome than the goat farmer!

but I said at the end that I hadn't gotten any pictures of Rob yet. I'll post one soon! :)